Best Dash Cams 2019
Our mission is to make decisions easy and too many options can be as bad as too few, so we spend our time researching until we can narrow the field to a well-curated set of great choices.
2830 Initial options
16 Expert opinions
3780 Customer reviews
Good dashcam for the price
- It’s *very* affordable for a dash cam. Indeed, it’s a steal; the picture quality is very good and is taken with wide-angle lens. It does not come with a micro SD card, though, so you’ll buy that separately.
Sensor for accidents and parking monitor
- A built-in sensor starts capturing evidence immediately in case of a collision and automatically locks the video, irrespective of whether the dash cam is on or not. The sensor is also activated by motion when the car is parked.
- In most incidents where you are going to rely on a dash cam, you don’t want the other party to know you have one installed. This camera is smaller than average and will not attract attention. It is easy to hide and leaves space for other car appliances.
Up and running in a few minutes
- Apart from an SD card and mount, this camera comes with everything needed to set it up at the front and rear of your vehicle in less than 30 minutes. The manual is straightforward but, just in case, they also have a YouTube channel with instructions.
- With its 1080P FHD resolution picture, the video quality captured by the dash cam is sharp and clear. License plates and road signs are captured well.
Control the dash cam from your phone
- An app allows you to control and view the recordings on the dash cam from a smart phone. This includes real-time sharing on social media.
Extra features at an affordable price
- This one is a bit more expensive than our first two picks. But the price is justified; it has built-in GPS, a mobile app and a 360° swivel mount.
Small screen with wide angle recording
- The Byakov dash cam comes with a two-inch screen and doesn’t take up too much space. Even better: it supports wide angle recording so the smallness is never an issue when it matters the most.
Clear night vision recordings
- This camera costs 43 bucks, so one would assume it doesn’t do as well on extra features like night vision. Wrong; several reviewers were impressed by the good quality of its night vision recordings.
Rear camera can be installed outside the car
- One big advantage with this dash cam is its waterproof rear camera, which allows for external installation.
Gets the job done
- This is not the most fancy dash cam, but it gets the job done and is of great quality given the relatively low price tag.
Good quality picture on both cameras
- Unlike many cameras where the recording on the rear camera is nowhere as good as the front camera, this Crosstour delivers superb video quality all-round.