Best Digital Cameras 2019
Our mission is to make decisions easy and too many options can be as bad as too few, so we spend our time researching until we can narrow the field to a well-curated set of great choices.
103 Initial options
15 Expert opinions
5,391 Customer reviews
- 11fps continuous shooting up to 30fps in 1.25x crop mode.
This is a powerful camera
- 26.1-megapixel APS-C format sensor makes this capable of the full spectrum of needs.
A very good camera
- This isn’t the X-T3, but it’s also a fraction of the cost. You’re getting a very, very good camera that will exceed expectations for beginners and enthusiasts.
Fits in your pocket
- Olympus fits a lot of power and packs a ton of features into a camera that is still light and compact.
DSLR is still a great choice
- While our top choices are mirrorless, DSLR can get you a lot of bang for your buck. It’s cheaper and versatile, so it can make a good entry point for beginners and hobbyists.
- Don’t scoff at ergonomics. If you have a uncomfortable, powerful camera, you’ll quickly hate using it even if your photos turn out great. And if you need to hold still waiting for a shot, it’s exponentially more important. The D3500 has a great grip; it’s every comfortable.
Do *mostly* anything!
- While the disadvantage is that the D3500 isn’t the best at anything, it’s *really good* at many things. It’s a very good introduction to the wide world of interchangeable lens photography.
Exceptional build quality
- Customers love how sturdy this is. Since there’s a lot of wicker, it’s very durable and resistant to the elements.
Wickered good price (we love a bad pun)
- Very well-costed compared to competitors. Our feeling is you trade a bit of aesthetic for better build quality, but that could be exactly what some folks need for harsher weather conditions.
Admittedly subjective, but..
- We preferred to see a bit more wood in the finish for a modern set. Still, the price is great for the build, so if that fits your need, this is a fabulous set.
Strong and ready for most weather
- The steel frame keeps this set strong even in changeable weather, improving its longevity.
Don’t lose your temper..ed glass
- If you read any of our other reviews, you’ll know we can’t resist terrible puns. But seriously, we like the sleek look the tempered glass gives to the gray wicker.
The value is good, but not great
- Overall, we think that this set will be best for those that subjectively look at it and think the aesthetic is gorgeous or fit their existing one. If you were starting from scratch, we think there’s better for the money. But that doesn’t mean we don’t like it; we only list what we believe are the best choices, so this still rates very highly.