Best Sewing Machines 2019
Our mission is to make decisions easy and too many options can be as bad as too few, so we spend our time researching until we can narrow the field to a well-curated set of great choices.
146 Initial options
14 Expert opinions
24,653 Customer reviews
The best of the best
- This sewing machine really has it all. A solid build quality, great features, and an incredible price. It’s been battle-tested by thousands of customers who love it.
- This can do delicate, intricate sewing projects with a built-in free arm while also doing larger-scale quilting projects with its wide table. It’s versatile and powerful.
We feel like an infomercial with this one
- But wait there’s more! This machine is great AND inexpensive. We’re reviewing more because it’s our job and everything, but seriously, go for this one.
Power and durability
- Boasting an incredibly strong motor with the heavy duty build quality to back it up, this SINGER sewing machine is incredible for beginners and experts alike.
Sew at the speed of light
- Well, okay.. a little slower than that. But this machine can pump out 1,100 stitches per minute and has built-in stitch varieties, so you can create even quicker.
Sewing goes digital
- Programmable up/down stitching, bobbin winder stop, and 100 built-in stitches.
It deserves it’s own call-out: self-threading needle
- Customers loved the self-threading needle on this machine and considered it a great quality-of-life improvement for those who sew frequently.
Exceptional build quality
- Customers love how sturdy this is. Since there’s a lot of wicker, it’s very durable and resistant to the elements.
Wickered good price (we love a bad pun)
- Very well-costed compared to competitors. Our feeling is you trade a bit of aesthetic for better build quality, but that could be exactly what some folks need for harsher weather conditions.
Admittedly subjective, but..
- We preferred to see a bit more wood in the finish for a modern set. Still, the price is great for the build, so if that fits your need, this is a fabulous set.
Strong and ready for most weather
- The steel frame keeps this set strong even in changeable weather, improving its longevity.
Don’t lose your temper..ed glass
- If you read any of our other reviews, you’ll know we can’t resist terrible puns. But seriously, we like the sleek look the tempered glass gives to the gray wicker.
The value is good, but not great
- Overall, we think that this set will be best for those that subjectively look at it and think the aesthetic is gorgeous or fit their existing one. If you were starting from scratch, we think there’s better for the money. But that doesn’t mean we don’t like it; we only list what we believe are the best choices, so this still rates very highly.